- Commercial, Doc, Film & TV | Alexander Creatives
- Reuben Stauber | email@example.com
- Licensing | Micah Austin - firstname.lastname@example.org
Brandon Haynes is an award-winning narrative and commercial cinematographer based in Brooklyn, NY. He started his creative journey as a photographer in 2009 and fell in love with cinematography after attending Denver's SeriesFest in 2016. Teaching himself the rules and tricks of the trade, he now blends the worlds of music, fashion, and sports with his love for TV and cinema. His drive to continually perfect his craft, and capture a striking balance of color and shadow, has allowed him to shoot for a diverse array of clients, including Hennessy, NBC, Bumble, BET, Springhill, Bumble, and Google.
Brandon is also an ASC Vision Member, which has provided him with valuable mentorship from ASC Members, further elevating his expertise in cinematography.
The approach Brandon takes to filmmaking stems from his love and his past life as an athlete. He sees filmmaking as one of the most team-centric art forms. Everyone comes together for a common goal to do their best and create something everyone is proud of, getting the big Win! This love for the craft has allowed him to hold workshops on lighting with Abel Cine. He always wants to impart the knowledge he has learned to his peers and the next generation of cinematographers. Especially cinematographers and filmmakers of color.
Brandon's cinematography has garnered awards and accolades for Best Cinematography, Best Cinematographer, and Best Film across many film festivals and competitions, such as Academy Award/BAFTA Qualifying, Rhode Island International Film Festival & Austin Film Festival, San Francisco Doc Fest, Bushwick Film Festival, and Inside Out Film Festival.Have an upcoming project? Brandon would love to collaborate with you!
- Member of Free The Work
- Member of Sporas
- Brand Ambassador for Fiilex Lighting
- Member of Society of Camera Operators
- Member of Documentary Cinematographers Alliance, DCA
- Member of International Cinematographers Guild, IATSE Local 600
- Recipient of America Society of Cinematography - ASC Vision Mentorship Program
- Bushwick Film Festival: Interview - Legacy (Short Film)
- Free The Work: Filmmaker Spotlight
- Johannes Leonardo: Meet Brandon Haynes
- Able Cine: Magic Hour
- Malayalees for Black Lives Matter: Racism in Entertainment
- Brown Girl Magazine: Radical Responsibility - Becoming Antiracist
- Little Black Book: SLMBR PRTY Teams up with MiFilm for an Event Elevating New Talent
- Roast Brief: SLMBR PRTY TEAMS UP WITH MIFILM FOR AN EVENT ELEVATING NEW TALENT
- Guerrilla Wolf: The Importance of Cinematography
- Guerrilla Wolf: Mastering The Art of Lighting Black Skin In Cinematography
- Guerrilla Wolf: Diversity and Inclusion in the Film Industry: A BIPOC Perspective
- Guerrilla Wolf: The Art of Light and Shadow: The Importance of the DP